- Refrigerate cream as soon as is possible after purchasing, and use it within one week after opening.
- Store cream on refrigerator shelves where it is cooler, rather than in the refrigerator doors.
- Use the freshest cream possible and always use by the “best before date”.
- Buy smaller amounts more often rather than keeping larger open containers in the refrigerator.
- Cream doesn’t freeze well. Upon thawing it can separate and lose its creamy texture. If freezing foods such as soups or stews, add the cream after you reheat the thawed food.
- Higher fat creams can easily be used in place of lower fat cream in most recipes. This will add more richness and texture.